If you want to get involved and organise an event or activity but you're not sure what to do, look no further. This is a list of ideas for events that you could organise - maybe for a local club or society, or open to the public at a sports centre or town hall. Please feel free to develop these ideas in any way you want, and if you have an idea that you think should be on the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mass participation SciArt
- Decorate postcards with drawings/paintings/collages inspired by physics. The finished pieces could be collected together to form one big piece of art.
- Einstein's image
- Talks/debates/exhibitions that explore the legacy of Einstein's image and how it is used by the mass media and why.
- Physics of the seaside and summer
- Investigate why sandcastles stay standing, why waves break and why the Sun shines.
- Physics of steel bands or other musical instruments
- Tie in with the Notting Hill Festival or other local festivals
- Physics of Christmas
- Talks and events based around the festive season.
- Fashion Competition
- Design a T-shirt inspired by physics.
- Extreme/urban sports
- Explore the physics behind sports such as skateboarding, bmx and free running.
- Einstein Trails
- Highlight the exhibits in local museums and galleries that have a connection with Einstein or physics.